Signed by Eddie Van Halen himself, this EVH Fender Striped Series Full Size Guitar is the ultimate Van Halen collectible. It comes with a full Letter of Authenticity from JSA (James Spence Authentication) certifying Eddie Van Halen's autograph, which appears in black felt pen. Eddie adds "Van Halen '03" to the autograph, dating the signature to 19 years ago.
This official EVH Fender guitar was issued as a full size, detailed and high quality replica of the first guitar Eddie used as Van Halen found mainstream success, as pictured on Van Halen's first album cover and here in this 1978 photo:
Photo credit: Carl Lender/Flickr.com
The EVH guitar itself is a full-on tribute to the original, down to the exact distinctive black and white striped design that Eddie himself created. It features a basswood Stratocaster-style body, a graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck with hand-rubbed oil finish, thumbwheel truss rod adjustment, compound-radius maple fingerboard (12”-16”) with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
It also sports a custom EVH "Wolfgang" humbucker pick up, a bar string retainer and Floyd Rose locking nut, EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking tremolo "whammy bar" system with EVH "D-Tuna," (allowing the bottom E string to be tuned to D or E), EVH die-cast tuners, chrome hardware, vintage-style strap buttons and EVH Fender neck plate.
Note that this particular guitar has been customized with three volume/tone knobs and switch but only the center white "tone" knob is functional and it controls the Wolfgang humbucker bridge pickup, i.e. the guitar retains its original single bridge humbucker pick up/electronics set up as designed by Eddie Van Halen.
While very lightly used, this instrument is in Excellent condition and the autograph is bold and nicely positioned. Whether you play it or display it, this guitar makes for an absolutely fantastic piece in any collection of Van Halen memorabilia.
Don't be fooled by other "signed" items on the Internet or in stores. Ask to see a COA/LOA from top authenticators like JSA (James Spence Authentication), PSA/DNA, Beckett (BAS), or REAL (Epperson). You'll find that most sellers won't be able to provide this.
This item includes FREE insured, worldwide shipping. Continental U.S. buyers can just check out and will receive free shipping. If outside the continental U.S., just email us at email@example.com to purchase and we will supply custom payment link to access free shipping. **NOTE: Any international customs duties, taxes and/or related fees remain responsibility of purchaser.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- EVH Fender Black and White "Striped Series" model guitar signed by Eddie Van Halen in black felt pen (Eddie has added "Van Halen '03" to his autograph as well)
- Letter of Authenticity from JSA (James Spence Authentication) certifying Eddie Van Halen's autograph (see image)
- Instrument is in VG to Excellent condition
- Original EVH whammy bar (removeable) and guitar tools included
- Gator brand hard-shell case included (case has some exterior wear) but interior in excellent condition interior to protect guitar
MusicGoldmine Authenticity Guarantee
- Carefully packed and double boxed
- Very rare and desirable Eddie Van Halen item for any Van Halen fan or rock memorabilia collector
- FREE U.S. and WORLDWIDE fully insured shipping on this item (see details in red above and please also note all conditions related to international shipments here)
Please note that the guitar in the top photo from 1978 with Eddie Van Halen playing it is not the guitar being sold here. An original stage-played Eddie Van Halen guitar would sell for well over $75,000 and likely much, much more today, depending on its history. For example, check out these past auction results:
Note on all signed guitars: Signed guitars may have very minor scratches or imperfections but note that any wear or damage that would significantly affect display appearance is noted in the item description.