BPI (British Phonographic Industry) Silver LP award for the Sex Pistols album Kiss This presented to Pistols guitarist Steve Jones. The album was released on Jan. 10, 1992 and was certified Silver in the U.K. by BPI on the same date for 60,000 units sold. The measure for BPI gold certification from the 90s on was the number of copies sold, much like RIAA awards.
The album was a compilation of tracks from Never Mind The Bollocks and Here's the Sex Pistols combined with some singles and B-sides.
*Avoid paying auction fees/buyer's premiums by buying our RIAA awards here on our site before they go to auction. We take select RIAA awards to auctions a few times a year.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- BPI Silver LP award with all proper components for the 90s era: Silver metal frame, CD, album cover miniature, British flag and silver presentation plate with official BPI logo
- In VG to Excellent condition with only a few minor scratches and mars on frame
- First presentation award from sometime in the 1992 time frame
- Presentation to Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones
- Completely original award with original manufacturer's label on rear
- Award measures 16" x 16"
- Glass in excellent condition (BPI awards have glass fronts, unlike RIAA awards which have plexiglas)
- Beautiful and rare collector's item for any Sex Pistols fan
- FREE insured shipping (carefully packed to protect glass) to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Detailed Item Description: This BPI Silver award is presented to the Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones. This is a first presentation BPI Silver award that would have been manufactured sometime in 1992 making it approximately 27 years old.
Finally, this award appears to be in all original condition with internal components unaltered and original Framous manufacturer's sticker on rear. It is in VG to Excellent condition with only a very few minor scratches on the frame.
Interested in knowing more about record awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.
Notes on the condition of all vintage awards like this one: Please do not buy this item if you want a brand new piece of memorabilia. These are historical artifacts from the year they were produced. As a result they may show signs of wear. Frankly, if you see a 20 to 50-year-old award purported to be in 100% perfect condition, it might be too good to be true. After all, an antique should have "good' wear. If not, you might want to question the piece.
As to where they came from, they could have been displayed in record label offices, recording studios, artist manager's offices, radio stations, private collector's homes and yes, of course, possibly the artist's or songwriter's home. Typically, we don't know all the places they may have been over the years other than what we've stated in the description.
Finally, a word on photos: Our photos are zoomable so you can get a very good look. Do let us know if you want photos of any other details on our pieces and we'll be happy to provide.
*BPI sales data source: bpi.co.uk