On August 1, 1981 MTV debuted on cable television. It would change the way a generation would interpret music. The visual element of the music video would make or break artists throughout the 1980s and early 90s. Instead of DJs, MTV introduced VJs - Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, J.J. Jackson, and Martha Quinn were the original VJs hired at MTV. The first video played on MTV was appropriately The Buggles' "Video Killed The Radio Star". This collage features a 1984 press photo of the original VJs, the 45 of The Buggles' "Video Killed The Radio Star", and an authentic MTV staff pass.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Great black and white 1984 press photo
- Authentic 45 - The Buggles' "Video Killed The Radio Star"
- Beautifully framed piece measuring approx. 18" x 22"
- Double matted with black and purple mattes
- Engraved metal nameplate
- Item in photo is exact item you will receive
- Fantastic piece for any MTV or 80s fan
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available