Rare Jimmy Page Led Zeppelin 512-page hardcover book hand-signed and numbered by Jimmy Page. This extremely finely bound book was produced in a limited edition of 2,500 copies with this being #480. Page's autograph is extremely difficult to get. Don't miss the chance to get his original autograph inside this beautifully produced and bound photo chronicle of Jimmy Page's career with Led Zeppelin and beyond. This book has been sold out at the publisher for years and is only available on the collector market.
Here is information from Genesis, the publisher, about this unique book:
"This large format book is over 500 pages and reproduces more than 650 photographs and illustrations, making it the biggest limited edition that Genesis has produced to date. It is fine-screen printed and image varnished on to heavyweight art paper (size: 280mm x 330mm).
Each book is individually numbered and signed by Jimmy Page. The limited edition books are hand-bound in morocco leather and laser-cut Perspex. The translucent front and back boards are screen-printed with two of the author's favourite portraits.
Jimmy has chosen every one of the 650 photographs. There are many rare finds, such as Led Zeppelin playing an impromptu gig in a nightclub in Jersey, or double-exposure shots of Jimmy and Brian Jones by Ian Stewart. Jimmy chose one of his favourite portrait shots for the book cover: a 1977 passport photo, shot by Neal Preston on board Led Zeppelin's private tour plane.
Jimmy Page has officially put pen to paper about his career for the first time in this limited edition. His words take the form of extended captions, which describe and document pivotal moments and events. He has also included visas, photos and stamps from his own passports.
As with every detail of the book, the leather is created to the author's own specifications and is dyed a bespoke 'midnight hue'. The page edges are gilded, and the spine is decoratively blocked in gold leaf. A specially created marbled end paper lines the interior with a blend of midnight blues, blacks and silver.
The book is presented in a hand-crafted slipcase that is bound in a 'midnight hue' silk. Blocked in gold leaf, the slipcase also features a morocco leather trim.
Jimmy's own words, combined with his hand-picked photographic selection make this limited edition an historical document and a definitive visual record of a remarkable life of music."
Here are some quotes from Page about this book as provided by the publisher:
"It was important to include every milestone along the way, so people have got a real testament of the times." - Jimmy Page
"I wanted to make it as thorough as possible, so that meant trawling through all the thousands of files that photographers had taken, and pulling from my personal collection as well." - Jimmy Page
"I've really got a lot of time for the way Genesis produce their books, they're really quality items. As someone who's always been interested in having a library themselves, I appreciate fine bookbinding and their whole ethic of what they do and what they're trying to do with a whole catalogue of books." - Jimmy Page
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Limited Edition Jimmy Page book #480 of 2,500
- Hand signed and numbered by Jimmy Page
- 512-page hardcover book with 650 photographs hand-picked by Page
- Hand-bound in morocco leather and laser-cut Perspex, the translucent front and back boards are screen-printed with two of Page's favorite portraits
- Printed on 170 gsm fine art paper
- Publisher: Genesis Publications (2010)
- Page size: 11" x 13" (280mm x 330mm).
- Condition: Very fine to near mint
- Cloth bag and original shipping box included
- Fantastic find for any Jimmy Page or Led Zeppelin fan or rare music book collector
- MusicGoldmine Authenticity Guarantee
- Carefully packed and double boxed
- FREE, insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available (email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org for best international shipping price)