This large format 27.75" x 21.63" photo of Jimi Hendrix was shot by renowned photographer Colin Beard, who hand signed, dated it 1982, and notated it "AP" (artist's proof). It is also signed, dated, and notated on its' back (see last image). Large and impressive color photo of the legendary music icon, matted and framed using archival acid-free materials to an overall size of 27.75" x 33.5", this makes for a great piece of artwork. Since artist's proofs only compose 10% or less of a photo's edition, they are considered more exclusive than regular prints.
Australian Colin Beard is a famed 1960s rock shutter man who became the founding photographer for Australia's first pop music magazine entitled Go-Set. Besides capturing images of the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, Cher, The Who, Cat Stevens, The Kinks and more he shot what are today iconic images of the electrifying Jimi Hendrix at the Monterey International Pop Festival in 1967.
Of the experience, he later told abc.net.au in 2009: "I turned around and there he was... the wild guitar man and now he looked so human. He smoked, he yawned, he scratched and he listened. Booker T and the MGs were playing; perhaps it was the attraction for him - he had played with them once before he left for England."
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Jimi Hendrix hand-notated artist's proof photo signed in 1982 by photographer Colin Beard (signed on front and back of photo-last image shows back of photo)
- MusicGoldmine Premium Framing using all acid-free double mattes and materials and ACRYLITE® UV filtering, mar-resistant "plastic glass", mounted in a black wood composite frame
- Framed piece measures 24" x 20", photo itself measures approx. 27.75" x 21.63"
- Item in photos is exact item you will receive, one-of-a-kind
- Fantastic collectible for any Jimi Hendrix fan
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available