RIAA 8x Multi-Platinum Album award for Garth Brooks album The Hits, which was released on December 1, 1994 and by September 28, 1995 was certified 8x Multi-Platinum by the RIAA.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- RIAA 8x Multi-Platinum Album award with multi CD display and Garth Brooks autograph on plexi (this is an autopen printed signature, not a real autograph, but it does add a nice touch to the award and not all the awards produced came with the autograph)
- In VG to Excellent condition with a few very minor mars on frame/plexiglas
- First presentation award from 1995
- Presented to music industry executive
- Unopened back with original manufacturer's sticker indicating a completely original award
- Known as a "R hologram" award, they were made from 1990-1997
- Award measures approx. 17" x 21"
- Great collectors item for any Garth Brooks fan
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Detailed Item Description: This is a first presentation RIAA 8x Multi-Platinum award that would have been manufactured shortly after the certification date in 1995, making it approximately 25 years old. This award was given to an industry executive with Transworld Entertainment and their signed and notarized letter of provenance will provided with purchase. Provenance letter can be seen in images with executive's name obscured for privacy. Item buyer will receive a non-obscured copy of the letter.
The award has Garth's autograph printed on the plexiglas. Not all the RIAA awards for this album came with this feature (see last image for another of these awards without the autograph). Overall the award is in VG to Excellent completely unaltered condition with only one very small chip on a corner of the frame covering that is essentially invisible when the award is hanging on a wall. It has the correct original manufacturer label from Country music RIAA award specialty manufacturer Rite Angle Inc. on it's backing paper.
Interested in knowing more about RIAA awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.
Notes on the condition of all vintage RIAA awards like this one: Please do not buy this item if you want a brand new piece of memorabilia. These are historical artifacts from the year they were produced. As a result they may show signs of wear. Frankly, if you see a 20 to 50-year-old award purported to be in 100% perfect condition, it might be too good to be true. After all, an antique should have "good' wear. If not, you might want to question the piece.
As to where they came from, they could have been displayed in record label offices, recording studios, artist manager's offices, radio stations, private collector's homes and yes, of course, possibly the artist's or songwriter's home. Typically, we don't know all the places they may have been over the years other than what we've stated in the description.
Finally, a word on photos: Do let us know if you want photos of any other details on our pieces and we'll be happy to provide.
*RIAA sales data source: RIAA.com