RIAA Platinum LP Award for Extreme album Pornograffitti. Released on August 7, 1990, the album was certified Platinum by the RIAA on June 18, 1991 for one million copies sold.
The group, which included guitarist Nuno Bettencourt and singer Gary Cherone (the latter of whom would put in a brief stint as Van Halen's lead vocalist from 1996-99) scored on this album with singles "More Than Words" and "Hole Hearted" reaching the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 (the former going to #1). The album reached #10 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart. By 1992 the album had gone 2x Multi-Platinum. See image above for the RIAA sales certifications of this album*.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- RIAA "R hologram" Platinum award for Extreme's Pornograffitti album
- Made in 1991
- Presented to music journalist/executive
- Original back with manufacturer's sticker
- In VG condition with only minor mars on frame and plexiglass
- Award measures approx. 17" x 21"
- Great collector's item for fan of Extreme
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Detailed Item Description: This is a first presentation RIAA Platinum award that would have been manufactured sometime in 1991. That makes this award approx. 30 years old. It is presented to the late Jim Henke, who was a long-time Rolling Stone writer who later became Chief Curator at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
The award is in VG condition with minor frame mars. The award has its original backing paper and Fitzgerald Hartley manufacturer sticker.
Interested in knowing more about RIAA awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.