RIAA 4x Multi-Platinum Award for the Dixie Chicks (now known as The Chicks) album Wide Open Spaces. Released Jan. 23, 1998 the album was certified 4x Multi-Platinum by the RIAA for 4 million copies sold in the U.S. on Jan. 29, 1999. Large and beautifully made award with "3D" cutouts of album art.
It featured the #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and #4 on the Top 200 Albums chart. The album won two Grammy awards for the group: Best Country Album and Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for the track "There's Your Trouble". By 2020 the album became a Diamond award winner and was certified 13x Multi-Platinum. See image above for the RIAA sales certifications of this album through the years*.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Large, diamond-shaped RIAA 4x Multi-Platinum award with album art
- In VG condition
- A first presentation award from 1999
- Unopened back with manufacturer's sticker indicating a completely original award
- Known as a "RIAA bar hologram" award with a serial number hologram, they were made from 1998 to present
- Presented to record executive
- Includes Wide Open Spaces CD signed by group members Natalie Maines, Martie Maguire, and Emily Strayer
MusicGoldmine Authenticity Guarantee
- Provenance letter included
- Award measures approx. 27.5" x 27.5"
- Known as a "RIAA serial number hologram" award, they were made from 1998 to present
- Beautiful collectors item for any fan of The Chicks (or the Dixie Chicks)
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Detailed Item Description: This RIAA 4x Multi-Platinum award is a first presentation award that would have been manufactured in 1999, making this award approximately 24 years old. This award was given to music executive Jack Chase, who was a Regional VP at Sony Music.
This award is in VG condition, with only minor mars on the frame and plexiglass. The award also has its' Ill-Eagle manufacturer's sticker on the backing board.
Interested in knowing more about RIAA awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.
Notes on the condition of all vintage RIAA awards like this one: Please do not buy this item if you want a brand new piece of memorabilia. These are historical artifacts from the year they were produced. As a result they may show signs of wear. Frankly, if you see a 20 to 50-year-old award purported to be in 100% perfect condition, it might be too good to be true. After all, an antique should have "good' wear. If not, you might want to question the piece.
As to where they came from, they could have been displayed in record label offices, recording studios, artist manager's offices, radio stations, private collector's homes and yes, of course, possibly the artist's or songwriter's home. Typically, we don't know all the places they may have been over the years other than what we've stated in the description.
Finally, a word on photos: Our photos are zoomable so you can get a very good look. Do let us know if you want photos of any other details on our pieces and we'll be happy to provide.
*RIAA sales data source: RIAA.com