Rare and unusual, this is an official RIAA 20x Multi-Platinum statuette award created to recognize 20 million in sales of Creed's first three albums. An official RIAA "bar hologram" award with serial number, this piece also features LEDs which flash on top and on a U.S. map at California. (See images and video below for detail). Its sides have artwork from their first three albums and its presentation plate has replica autographs of the group. This is the most unique official RIAA award we have ever seen, barring something made in the 60s for Led Zeppelin, but that's another story we'll detail some other day, and we've seen a lot of awards. Great to add to any RIAA award collection.
Creed albums recognized with this award include 1997's My Own Prison (RIAA certified 6 million), 1999's Human Clay (RIAA certified 11 million) and 2001's Weathered (RIAA certified 6 million). In addition to millions in sales and top chart positions around the world, the group also won a Grammy Award in 2001 for Best Rock Song for "With Arms Wide Open".
This unusual award will complete any avid RIAA award connoisseur's collection and certainly a nice memento for any Creed fan.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Special official RIAA 20x Multi-Platinum statuette award
- RIAA "bar hologram" award with a serial number
- Light up LEDs on base and top powered by 2 standard AA batteries (batteries not included, they go just under removable base plate)
- Presentation plate features replicas of the group's signatures
- In Excellent condition with only a few minor mars on the presentation plate and sides of base
- Award estimated to be from early to mid 2000's
- Original award with original Ill-Eagle Enterprises manufacturer's sticker on base
- Presented to record industry executive
- Award measures 20" high., base is 10" square
- Unusual and rare collectors item for Creed fan or RIAA award collector
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
See the lights in action here. Note this is our stock video, this is not the actual award for sale, although it is identical in every way except for the presentation name. See images for exact item for sale.
This award is presented to Jonathan Lev, a promotions and marketing executive who worked with rock, pop and alternative artists including Creed, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Incubus, Nirvana, U2, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and many more.
Interested in knowing more about RIAA awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.
Notes on the condition of all vintage RIAA awards like this one: Please do not buy this item if you want a brand new piece of memorabilia. These are historical artifacts from the year they were produced. As a result they may show signs of wear. Frankly, if you see a 20 to 50-year-old award purported to be in 100% perfect condition, it might be too good to be true. After all, an antique should have "good' wear. If not, you might want to question the piece.
As to where they came from, they could have been displayed in record label offices, recording studios, artist manager's offices, radio stations, private collector's homes and yes, of course, possibly the artist's or songwriter's home. Typically, we don't know all the places they may have been over the years other than what we've stated in the description.
Finally, a word on photos: Our photos are zoomable so you can get a very good look. Do let us know if you want photos of any other details on our pieces and we'll be happy to provide.
*RIAA sales data source: RIAA.com