Album artwork proof for Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Vol III album. The album continues from where Joel's Greatest Hits Volume II left off, with tracks from his 1983 album An Innocent Man kicking things off, including that album's title track and "Keeping the Faith". Other hits on the set include "A Matter of Trust", "We Didn't Start The Fire", "I Go To Extremes" and more.
This framed album art proof shows all the details including registration marks etc. It also has a reproduction signature of Joel on the artwork. It is likely that several copies were made of this artwork proof and given to executives at Columbia Records and others. It is framed by record award maker Ill Eagle Enterprises.
It was owned by Jerry Blair, a record executive who was at Columbia Records when the album was released and who played a key role in the success of artists including Joel along with Aerosmith, Tony Bennett, Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin, George Michael, Will Smith and many others. The artwork is accompanied by a letter of provenance from Blair's son, who later took possession of his father's memorabilia (see image of letter, son's name is redacted on image, buyer will receive unredacted copy).
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Original album art proof for Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Vol III album
- Piece is labeled "First Proof" and is in excellent condition
- Made in 1997
- Has reproduction signature of Billy Joel (not original)
- Album art proof in Excellent condition (likely in frame for last 25 years), minor mars on frame and some tears to backing paper
- Framed piece measures approx. 30.25" x 22.25"
- Letter of provenance included
- Fantastic collectible for any fan of Billy Joel
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available