RIAA Gold LP award for the Beatles Love Songs album presented to Capitol Records Inc. The double album was released on Oct. 21, 1977 and it was very quickly certified Gold on Oct. 23 for 500,000 sold.
It contains 25 love-themed songs from the Beatles extensive repertoire including many Fab Four classics. The album peaked at #24 on Billboard's Top LP's & Tapes chart, staying on the chart for 31 weeks in 1977-78. By 2000 the album was certified 3x Multi-Platinum by the RIAA. See image above for the RIAA sales certifications of this album through the years*.
*Avoid paying auction fees/buyer's premiums by buying our RIAA awards here on our site before they go to auction. We take select RIAA awards to auctions a few times a year.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- RIAA Gold LP award with all proper components for the 1986-89 "flower hologram" era: Gold frame, gold disc, gold cassette and gold info plate
- In VG to Excellent condition
- Award from 1986-89
- Presentation to Capitol Records Inc.
- Has been nicely reframed with black finish, solid wood frame but all components seem to be original and intact. (Advantage is frames from this era awards had plastic covered wood that often disintegrates).
- Known as a flower hologram award because the RIAA logo is a hologram label, made from 1986-1989
- Award measures approx. 17.5" x 21.5"
- Beautiful collectors item
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Detailed Item Description:
This is a third presentation RIAA Gold award presented to Capitol Records Inc. The original presentation for Gold certification would have been a floater style award whereas this award would have been manufactured sometime around 1986 since it is a flower hologram award (which were only made from 1986-89), making the internals of this award approximately 33 years old.
Note that the frame on this award is new and not the original. Internals are original and in VG to Excellent condition.
Interested in knowing more about RIAA awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.
Notes on the condition of all vintage RIAA awards like this one: Please do not buy this item if you want a brand new piece of memorabilia. These are historical artifacts from the year they were produced. As a result they may show signs of wear. Frankly, if you see a 20 to 50-year-old award purported to be in 100% perfect condition, it might be too good to be true. After all, an antique should have "good' wear. If not, you might want to question the piece.
As to where they came from, they could have been displayed in record label offices, recording studios, artist manager's offices, radio stations, private collector's homes and yes, of course, possibly the artist's or songwriter's home. Typically, we don't know all the places they may have been over the years other than what we've stated in the description.
Finally, a word on photos: Do let us know if you want photos of any other details on our pieces and we'll be happy to provide.
*RIAA sales data source: RIAA.com