Framed original hand drawn sketch by Dennis Hunt made for The Beatles 1965-69 cartoon series, this one depicting Paul McCartney. The animator has colorized the drawing to create the effect of movement. Animation artists would draw these sketches as the first part of the production process and the cels used in the cartoon would be created off these pencil sketches.
The series ran from 1965 to 1969 on the ABC television network in the U.S., ITV in the UK and the ABC network in Australia. It lasted for 39 episodes and marked the first time a weekly animated series based on real people was broadcast on television. In addition to this series, Hunt also worked on The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine animated film.
Originally consigned by Hunt to Tracks UK, a letter from Hunt that he wrote describing some origin of the "movement" sketches is included. In it he describes how George (presumably producer George Dunning, not Harrison) encouraged him to follow up on his idea to better animate the movement of the characters: "The Beatles series was limited animation - most of the time they would be sticking one finger up, blinking their eyes and flapping their lips. Over lunch one day with George I foolishly said I thought it would be nice if the animation was good when they were moving from place to place. George agreed..."
This original drawing is framed in a full float style with acid-free mattes and materials so that the edges of the original drawing are preserved and can be seen. An engraved metal plate sets off the piece. As of posting this item, we have one animation sketch of each of all four Beatles. If you'd like to buy others, or the full set, don't delay since we only have one of each which you can see here (if still available). Don't miss this opportunity to get an original piece of 1960s art from the iconic Beatles cartoon series.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Original hand drawn sketch of Paul McCartney by Dennis Hunt made for The Beatles 1965-69 cartoon series
- Sketch is on European size binder paper measuring 13" x 10.5" (33cm x 26.5cm)
- Sketch in Excellent condition with only minor yellowing, mostly at the very edges
- Framed size 22" x 18"
- MusicGoldmine Premium Framing - framed with UV-filtering, mar resistant ACRYLITE® ("plastic glass"), acid-free matte materials and engraved metal plate
- Rare piece of Beatles history
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available