Owned and played by Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman, this mandolin is a 1979 A.G. Johns 8-string Canterbury model. It was purchased by Wyman in 1979 and used on Rhythm Kings recording sessions and concerts from 2000 to 2010.
This instrument was acquired at a sale personally arranged by Wyman that featured many of his instruments, awards, and other personally-owned items and mementos from his illustrious career with the Rolling Stones and beyond. The 300 page (approx.) color hardbound Bill Wyman Rolling Stones Archive sale catalog in which this item appears will be included with purchase.
The mandolin has an "A style" body, spruce top, solid wood back and sides, round-shaped sound hole, wood neck and fingerboard, four-on-a-side gold tuners and a black bridge. The instrument is in Excellent condition which is not surprising considering Wyman is known as a dedicated collector and archivist of his lifetime of Rolling Stones memorabilia.
Wyman was the Stones bassist from 1962 through 1993, playing on countless classic Stones albums and touring the world for three decades. He also released six solo albums from 1974-2015 and formed Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings in 1997, with which he has recorded six albums and toured. The group has featured a cast of well-known music figures on its albums including Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton, Mark Knopfler, Albert Lee, Ringo Starr, former Stones bandmate Mick Taylor and many others.
Don't miss this chance to own an instrument owned and played by a member of one of the most famous rock acts in the world.
See some other Bill Wyman personally-owned items that we acquired and are offering for sale including numerous one-of-a-kind Rolling Stones items here.
This item includes FREE insured, worldwide shipping. Continental U.S. buyers can just check out and will receive free shipping. If outside the continental U.S., just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase and we will supply custom payment link to access free shipping. **NOTE: Customs duties, taxes and any related fees remain responsibility of purchaser.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- A.G. Johns 8-string Canterbury model mandolin personally owned and played in the recording studio and on-stage by Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones
- In Excellent condition, especially considering its age and the fact that the instrument has been played in the studio and onstage
- Original black hard-shell case included
- 300 page (approx.) color hardbound Bill Wyman Rolling Stones Archive sale catalog in which this instrument appeared included with purchase (see partial image of page featuring this item)
- MusicGoldmine Authenticity Guarantee
- Carefully packed and double boxed
- FREE U.S. and WORLDWIDE insured shipping on this item (see details in red above and please also note all conditions related to international shipments here)