Uniquely designed Columbia Records label award to recognize two million copies sold of The Outfield's Play Deep album. Released November 12, 1985, this was the debut album from British trio The Outfield which rose to #9 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart while fielding hit singles "Say It Isn't So" and "Your Love", both of which landed in the Top 20 of the Hot 100. It was in fact certified 2x Multi-Platinum by the RIAA by 1989. Note that this is not a RIAA award.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Columbia Records two million sales award for The Outfield's Play Deep album featuring unique "baseball game ticket" design and album art
- Presented to MCA Records label president/music exec Al Teller
- Estimated to have been made in 1989
- In Excellent condition
- Made by RIAA and record award maker Fitzgerald Hartley
- Award measures approx. 19" x 21"
- Great collector's item for any fan of The Outfield
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Interested in knowing more about RIAA awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.