Get this set of two Sun Records check collages: One for Carl Perkins (1932-1998) containing a first issue 45 record of Perkins' 1957 hit "Matchbox" (#261 of the Sun Records catalog) and a copy of a royalty check payable to Perkins from Sun Records. The rockabilly tune was later recorded by Jerry Lee Lewis, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Derek and the Dominoes and others.
The other for Jerry Lee Lewis containing a first issue 45 record of Lewis's 1957 hit "Great Balls Of Fire" (#281 of the Sun Records catalog) and a copy of a royalty check payable to Lewis from Sun Records. The track was one of "The Killer's" most successful, going to #1 on the Billboard Top Country chart and #2 on the Hot 100 chart and it sold a million copies in just ten days.
Both are nicely framed with matching custom "Sun Records" themed mattes and set off with black and gold engraved metal plates describing each display.
Celebrate the legacy of these two legendary artists with this great set. Interested in buying only one? Go here to see individual listings.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Two collages, one featuring Carl Perkins and one Jerry Lee Lewis
- Each includes a first issue 45 record and check -- one for Carl Perkins' 1957 hit "Matchbox" and copy of royalty check dated 1958 to Perkins from Sun Record Co., the other featuring a first issue 45 record of Jerry Lee Lewis's 1957 hit "Great Balls Of Fire" and copy of royalty check dated 1956 to Lewis from Sun Record Co.
- Engraved metal nameplates in each and each nicely framed with custom brown/yellow double matting
- Each framed collage measures approx. 22" x 32"
- In Excellent condition
- Items in photo are exact items you will receive, one-of-a-kind
- Fantastic custom collectible for any Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis fan
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available