In-house Mushroom Records/Heart award for Heart's debut album Dreamboat Annie. Released in September 1975 it brought success first in Canada for the then-Vancouver-based group and a short time later broke the group in the U.S. as well. Singles "Crazy On You", "Magic Man" and the title track all became hits.
This is a label award from Mushroom Records presented to a radio station to commemorate and thank them for the album's status as a million seller. It's very hard to estimate the date of this award but the label on the record is dated 1975. The album was indeed certified Platinum for one million in sales on November 5, 1976. One could estimate, based on the construction methods and those dates, to have been made in the time period from 1976 to 1980. In 1980 Mushroom Records went out of business. Note that this is not a RIAA award.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- In-house Mushroom Records sales award for Heart's debut album Dreamboat Annie to celebrate 1 million copies sold (Note: Not a RIAA award)
- Award features black plexiglas "shadow box" frame, platinum album, album miniature and silver-colored metal presentation plate with Heart's logo
- Presented to radio station
- Estimated to have been made in the time period from 1976-1980 (actual manufacture date is unknown)
- In Good to VG condition. Has cracked top frame rail and clear tape on one corner but otherwise is very presentable (see images)
- Award measures approx. 16.5" x 21"
- Great collector's item for any Heart fan
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Interested in knowing more about RIAA and other record awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.