RIAA Gold 45 award for Foreigner's "Hot Blooded", which was released in June 1978. The 45 rpm single was certified Gold® by the RIAA on Sept. 12, 1978 for 500,000 copies sold.
The track appeared on Foreigner's second album, Double Vision, and went to #3 on the Billboard Hot 100. The single would eventually end up being certified Platinum on Mar. 30, 2012. See image above for RIAA sales certifications of this single*.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- RIAA Gold 45 award with all proper components for the era: Gold frame, gold disc and gold info plate
- In Excellent condition with only a few minor scratches on frame and slight fading of the matte
- First presentation award from 1978
- Presented to Atlantic records executive
- In VG condition with original back and manufacturer's sticker, indicating a completely original award
- Known as a "floater" award because the components appear to "float" above the matte, they were made from 1975-1981
- RIAA "floater" awards numbered only 25-50 plaques worldwide for any given single/album
- Award measures 13" x 17"
- Beautiful and rare collector's item
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available
Detailed Item Description: This is a first presentation RIAA Gold award that would have been manufactured in 1978. The "floater" style award was only produced from 1975-81. That makes this award approximately 41 years old. It is presented to former Atlantic Records executive Sam Kaiser.
The award is all original with backing paper that appears unopened complete with New York Frame & Picture Co. manufacturer's sticker still affixed. All internal components also appear original and unaltered. This award is in VG condition, with only a some typical scratches and mars on the frame and a slightly faded matte.
Interested in knowing more about RIAA awards and what makes them great to add to your collection? Subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter and get our 55-page MusicGoldmine RIAA and Record Award Guide free plus a 15% discount code here.
Notes on the condition of all vintage RIAA awards like this one: Please do not buy this item if you want a brand new piece of memorabilia. These are historical artifacts from the year they were produced. As a result they may show signs of wear. Frankly, if you see a 20 to 50-year-old award purported to be in 100% perfect condition, it might be too good to be true. After all, an antique should have "good' wear. If not, you might want to question the piece.
As to where they came from, they could have been displayed in record label offices, recording studios, artist manager's offices, radio stations, private collector's homes and yes, of course, possibly the artist's or songwriter's home. Typically, we don't know all the places they may have been over the years other than what we've stated in the description.
Finally, a word on photos: Our photos are zoomable so you can get a very good look. Do let us know if you want photos of any other details on our pieces and we'll be happy to provide.
*RIAA sales data source: RIAA.com