Set of four original hand drawn sketches by Dennis Hunt made for The Beatles 1965-69 cartoon series. Each one depicts one each of John, Paul, George and Ringo running and the animator has colorized each to create the effect of movement. The animation artist would draw these sketches as the first part of the production process and the cels used in the cartoon would be created off these pencil sketches.
The series ran from 1965 to 1969 on the ABC television network in the U.S., ITV in the UK and the ABC network in Australia. It lasted for 39 episodes and marked the first time a weekly animated series based on real people was broadcast on television. In addition to this series, Hunt also worked on The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine animated film.
Originally consigned by Hunt to Tracks UK, a letter from Hunt that he wrote describing some origin of the "movement" sketches is included. In it he describes how George (presumably producer George Dunning, not Harrison) encouraged him to follow up on his idea to better animate the movement of the characters: "The Beatles series was limited animation - most of the time they would be sticking one finger up, blinking their eyes and flapping their lips. Over lunch one day with George I foolishly said I thought it would be nice if the animation was good when they were moving from place to place. George agreed..."
These original drawings would display wonderfully matted and framed individually or as a set. They are offered here unframed but we can provide them framed if desired. For framed pricing please tell us your framing preferences by emailing email@example.com. Don't miss this opportunity to get some original 1960s art from the iconic Beatles cartoon series.
Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge Photos
- Set of four original hand drawn sketches by Dennis Hunt made for The Beatles 1965-69 cartoon series, one depicting each Beatle
- Each sketch is on European size binder paper measuring 13" x 10.5" (33cm x 26.5cm)
- Each sketch in Excellent condition with only minor yellowing, mostly at the very edges
- Rare one-of-a-kind piece of Beatles history
- Note: The four sketches are unframed, please inquire regarding pricing if framing is desired.
- FREE insured shipping to continental U.S.
- International shipping available